Choosing the Right Cosmetic Dentist
Cosmetic dentistry aims to correct various dental flaws such as stained, misaligned, or broken teeth. To find out more, read on.
Due to an increase in demand for dental services, there has been a surge in the numbers of quack doctors operating as dentists. If you are seeking cosmetic dentistry services near you, you have to be cautious about the dental clinic you set your foot in, especially if it is your first time there.
One way to avoid walking right into the hands of unlicensed dental practitioners is by asking for referrals from family members or friends who have had successful cosmetic dental procedures. If they recommend a certain dental office or dentist, you can now go to their office for more inquiries, or you can opt to visit the facility’s website and find out the kind of services they offer, the prices they charge, and the insurance companies accepted at their offices. Cosmetic dentistry photos of patients before and after undergoing cosmetic procedures will also help shed some light on a dentist’s practice.
You can also consider asking a dental professional that you trust whom he/she would recommend.
How to Choose a Cosmetic Dentist
Here are some guiding tips you can adopt when looking for a cosmetic dentistry expert.
- The practitioner’s training – Any certified cosmetic dentist must have undertaken postgraduate courses and additional training in dental procedures like laser dentistry, porcelain veneers, Invisalign, and all-white restorations. Do not be afraid to ask your potential dental practitioner about his/her cosmetic studies. If they do not feel comfortable sharing such information or refuse to, or if they come up with excuses as to why they will not disclose such info with you, you should reconsider going to other dental clinics.
- Location – The locality of the dentistry you choose to book with should not be far from your residential area as this will help save time and cut on traveling expenses whenever you have dental appointments. Being nearer to your dentist also makes it easier to access emergency dental care in case of dental emergencies.
- Payment options – Most insurance policies do not cater for cosmetic dental procedures, so it is paramount to book with dentistry that offers affordable payment plans to their patients or that which will accept your credit card.
- Associations – The AACD (American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry) is the most popular association for most cosmetic dentists. Although being a member of the AACD doesn’t necessarily mean that the dentist is an expert, it does show that the practitioner takes cosmetics with enough seriousness to pay for the membership.
- Anesthesia and technology – A dentistry that offers modern-day cosmetic procedures has to be advanced in dental technology and should have equipment such as dental lasers, intraoral cameras, digital x-rays, and chair-side monitors, to name a few. When you decide to visit your potential dental clinic, ask them about the equipment and technology in their offices as well as the different forms of sedation dentistry they offer to patients.
- Comfort – How you feel inside a dentist’s office and how friendly the staff is, says a lot about a dental clinic. This is a factor you can gauge by visiting the place. Observe how the communication skills of their staff, how they cater to the incoming patients, and ask questions about things you’d like to know about dentistry.
- Scheduling – Check and confirm if the operating hours of the dental clinic suits best your schedule.
Creative Dentistry of Covington is a certified dental clinic in Covington, 30014, with trained and licensed dental professionals who have years of experience giving dental care to patients. At this dental clinic, you can get affordable cosmetic dental procedures and general dentistry treatments as well. Dr. Anitha Reddy is one of the leading dental care providers in this facility with 20+ years of dental practice. You can thus trust that she has the knowledge and full capabilities of giving you the care you deserve.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Below is a list of some of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures offered by cosmetic dentists:
- Dental crowns
- Tooth implants
- Teeth whitening
- Dental bonding
Most people who are not well informed about cosmetic dentistry believe that its procedures cost a ton of money, but this popular belief is contrary to reality. Nowadays, cosmetic procedures are very affordable, and some dental clinics have a payment plan where the patient pays for the treatment in installments. Therefore, do not hold yourself back to get that dream appearance you’ve always wanted.